Reducing Food Loss and Waste – Making it Personal
Here is a link to register the webinar:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reducing-food-loss-and-waste-making-it-personal-tickets-56652953509
An astounding one-third of all food is lost or wasted between the farm and the fork. What can people-from farmers to consumers-do to address this challenge? Join us to learn about innovative solutions and share your perspectives on how to take them to scale.
- Troels Mandel Vensild, Minister Counsellor of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, Embassy of Denmark in Washington, DC (Moderator)
Setting the Scene
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- Amy Bachman, Director of Procurement and Sustainability, DC Central Kitchen
- Esben Lunde Larsen, Food Program Fellow, World Resources Institute
- Eduardo Nakasone, Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Michigan State University & Affiliated Researcher, IFPRI
- Denise Osterhues, Senior Director for Corporate Affairs, The Kroger Company
- Victoria Prowse, Startup Innovation Sponsorship & Events Manager, Rabobank
- Daniel Ratner, Partner & Head of Growth, YourLocal
- Dipti Thapa, Economist, The World Bank Group
- Andrew Steer, President and CEO, WRI
A light breakfast will be provided starting at 9:00am. The event will begin promptly at 9:30am. A light reception will follow after the event.