The Value Chain Knowledge Clearinghouse is an initiative led by Policies, Institutions, and Markets CGIAR Research Program consisting of IFPRI, CIAT, ILRI, IITA, World Agroforestry Centre, ICRISAT, Bioversity, ICARDA, CIMMYT and CIP. The purpose of this portal is to provide a comprehensive, easily accessible repository of research methods and best practices surrounding value chain performance that can be used by all the consortium research programs and partners.
The Value Chain Knowledge Clearinghouse is composed of four core elements:
- Tools: This includes a methodological toolbox with guidelines for specific applications; best practices to ensure that agricultural value chains are properly evaluated and documented; and gender-specific analysis to ensure the integration of gender into agricultural value chains;
- Library: This includes all learning materials, e-courses, presentations, and workshop series on the tools included in the clearinghouse;
- Network: This will bring all value chain experts in the CGIAR together in a common platform and will facilitate collaboration among leading value chain scientists, ultimately creating a dynamic research community;
The Value Chain Knowledge Clearinghouse will help practitioners/researchers/participants:
- Improve market access for smallholders, with better prices and with lower transaction costs;
- Upgrade value chain governance and equity;
- Optimize and prioritize investment in institutional arrangements and value chain infrastructure;
- Improve equity and reduce poverty in developing countries through improved market access, technical innovation, information, and improved efficiency to reduce marketing margins and increase farmgate prices;
- Expand labor opportunities for women and the landless and boost the incomes of rural households;
- Reduce farmers’ risk through the promotion of risk-coping mechanisms, and
- Increase the quality of farmers’ products, thereby improving food security.
You can subscribe the newsletter of this site by clicking this link.
You can get a link of user guide or manual of each tool, when you click the title of tool.